Trimflow is a Blender add-on designed to add repeating patterns like ornaments or stitches to objects in a non-destructive way. It is very similar in approach to Substance Painter’s Path tool, but utilizes trims instead of brushes.
By simply drawing a curve onto the surface of a mesh, it turns trim textures into decals that can easily be adjusted, copied, or swapped for another. The integrated baking tool then turns trim decals into masks. These masks can then be used for material creation, either in Blender or in other applications such as Substance 3D or Marmoset Toolbag.
Or, with a little bit of shader magic, decals can also be blended with their target object’s material. This is useful for rendering inside Blender without baking, keeping everything completely non-destructive.
- Create decals from trims / trim sheets using curves
- Non-destructive, easy to create, easy to adjust
- Bake placed trim decals with the integrated baking tool
- Can use trims with ‘Head’ and ‘Tail’ at their ends
- Store mapping information in JSON files for quick and easy pattern loading / swapping
- Powered by GeometryNodes
- Custom UI with many extra features (the Modifiers panel is not needed at all)
- Example projects included